About the Internship Program
The Nautilus Solar Internship Program will offer undergraduate students a paid, 10–12-week, hands-on experience assisting in the development, acquisition, and operation of distributed solar assets, while learning more about the solar and renewable energy industries. As a Nautilus intern you will gain experience in solar development, energy storage, distributed generation, and project financing. These opportunities offer a unique blend of analytical, financial and technology experience working alongside experienced industry veterans. This position will be highly interactive with customers, partners, and Nautilus personnel.
The Partner Development/M&A Intern will work closely with the Partner Development and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team to identify and evaluate solar projects for NSE to acquire, own, and operate. The focus will be on supporting the origination of new business clients and opportunities. The internship will be remote.
- Prospect and evaluate potential solar acquisition opportunities.
- Identify new potential development partners and research existing partners.
- Assist in researching state and local policies, utility tariffs, program rules, and other various assignments.
- Gather and review project information for internal review and pricing.
- Organize Partner Development events, offsites, and trainings.
- Provide other assistance to the Partner Development and M&A teams upon request.
- Monitor, track, and report market updates through industry periodicals, interconnection queues, and program capacity lists
- Assist senior personnel in bid and RFP responses.
- Review and manage data rooms for project diligence.
- Additional duties as required.
- Enrolled as a student or recent graduate
- Available 40 hours/week, for 10-12 weeks
- Studies in Business Management, Environmental Studies or relevant to energy or related sectors preferred but not required
- Interest in solar and renewable energy industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software proficiency.
- Comfort working in a remote environment
- Interns will need to provide their own laptop
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the US
Compensation for this position will be hourly with an expected 30-35 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in working in the solar industry to email@example.com with the position name in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC (Nautilus) is creating a clean, sustainable future through a respected and passionate team of professionals. A pioneer in the rapidly growing solar industry, Nautilus’s employees form a strong supportive community. Nautilus is committed to creating and maintaining a culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion by practicing our beliefs of integrity, empowerment, and fairness. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment inspires employees’ creativity, drives innovation, and leads to success. Our employees are the strength of our brand, and we strive to hire quality candidates who will embrace and add to our resilient, resourceful, and entrepreneurial culture.