Nautilus Solar Energy’s (“NSE”) Marketing Research Associate will be responsible for conducting various market research initiatives to help NSE better understand its subscriber base, channel competition, and various solar industry issues. This role will manage NSE’s survey tool account, building and managing surveys to provide actionable insights for marketing messaging and persona development. The Marketing Research Associate will lead the development of customer satisfaction surveys to identify NSE’s strengths and weaknesses from a subscriber point of view. The role will collaborate with internal teams to develop other actionable surveys with landowners, channel partners, etc. to improve our success. He/She will be responsible for gathering voice of customer insights via focus groups and work collaboratively with the marketing team on VOC learning objectives and analysis. Finally, the Marketing Research Associate will regularly research and assess low/moderate income (LMI) target geographies to understand trends and support secondary research on various community solar policy initiatives. The position is full-time remote and reports to the Executive Director, Marketing.
- Identify, research, and understand LMI target areas and trends within subscribing states
- Conduct research regarding community solar policy initiatives
- Build customer (CX) surveys to assess transactional and annual customer satisfaction
- Gather voice of customer (VOC) input on community solar understanding, key benefits, effective subscription messages, etc.
- Gather VOC input on channel partner satisfaction with Nautilus Solar Energy
- Research and report on key trends influencing eco-motivated households and businesses, identifying barriers and opportunities to subscribing
- Research community groups that could positively build trust in local communities
- Assist in research to build depth to marketing personas
- Assist in effective marketing message development and testing based on insights
- Support survey design, deployment, and analysis for marketing and other department initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree – Marketing Research, Marketing or Data Analytics majors preferred
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent knowledge of marketing research tools, survey development, and primary and secondary research practices.
- Awareness of and interest in renewable energy preferred
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Advanced level use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Possess analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with different levels and functions of the organization as well as with external parties
- Project-oriented with a goal to complete assignments on time.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability) are 100% covered by Nautilus
- 401(k) offered with employer match
Please submit the cover letter with the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nautilus is monitoring our response to COVID-19 on an ongoing basis. As of March 15, 2022, we do not require employees to be vaccinated. Nautilus reserves the right to enact COVID-19 precautionary measures at any time, including requiring vaccination and/or mask-wearing in order to travel, enter the office, or attend in-person meetings (which would be subject to reasonable accommodations for medical and religious exemptions).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC (Nautilus) is creating a clean, sustainable future through a respected and passionate team of professionals. A pioneer in the rapidly growing solar industry, Nautilus’s employees form a strong supportive community. Nautilus is committed to creating and maintaining a culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion by practicing our beliefs of integrity, empowerment, and fairness. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment inspires employees’ creativity, drives innovation, and leads to success. Our employees are the strength of our brand, and we strive to hire quality candidates who will embrace and add to our resilient, resourceful, and entrepreneurial culture.