Nautilus Solar Energy’s (“NSE”) Development Engineer will support the development of community solar projects in the Mid-West. This position reports to the Executive Director of Structuring and is remote with a 10-20% travel requirement.
- Map distribution systems and identify optimal substation queue positions
- Prepare site layouts, production estimates and single line diagrams using AutoCAD and PVSyst
- Complete and manage interconnection applications
- Work with industry trade associations to identify and resolve interconnection issues in new markets
- Collaborate with development and construction teams to optimize system design in accordance with all permits and approvals
- Management of external consultants and engineering firms as needed
- Support Origination and Structuring with project acquisition technical diligence
- Demonstrated track record of being a key team member involved in the development and engineering of ground mount solar projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD and PVSyst
- Working knowledge of national codes and standards pertaining to electrical, solar design and installation
- Knowledge of electrical and structural design components and solar equipment manufacturers
- Experience reading and understanding technical specifications and construction documents
- Excellent organizational abilities; able to focus on details while managing multiple projects
- Able to excel in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred
- 5 - 8 years of work experience in the solar industry preferred
- Comfort working in a remote environment
- Travel will be required
- Legally entitled to work in the US
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability) are 100% covered by Nautilus
- 401(k) offered with employer match
Please submit the cover letter with the resume to email@example.com
Nautilus is monitoring our response to COVID-19 on an ongoing basis. As of March 15, 2022, we do not require employees to be vaccinated. Nautilus reserves the right to enact COVID-19 precautionary measures at any time, including requiring vaccination and/or mask-wearing to travel, enter the office, or attend in-person meetings (which would be subject to reasonable accommodations for medical and religious exemptions).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC (Nautilus) is creating a clean, sustainable future through a respected and passionate team of professionals. A pioneer in the rapidly growing solar industry, Nautilus’s employees form a strong supportive community. Nautilus is committed to creating and maintaining a culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion by practicing our beliefs of integrity, empowerment, and fairness. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment inspires employees’ creativity, drives innovation, and leads to success. Our employees are the strength of our brand, and we strive to hire quality candidates who will embrace and add to our resilient, resourceful, and entrepreneurial culture.