Community Relations Manager
Nautilus Solar Energy’s (“NSE”) Community Relations Manager will lead local and state policy efforts to promote favorable community solar policy and help inform NSE’s development strategy. This position reports to the Executive Director of Structuring and is remote with a 25-40% travel requirement.
- Engage at the state and local level to proactively influence policy and craft community solar legislation in target markets
- Create market opportunities and perform market analysis to inform development strategy
- Prepare written testimony in regulatory dockets related to community solar, rate design and interconnection issues
- Represent NSE with regulators, government officials, local community members and abutters
- Work collaboratively and provide strategic guidance to coalitions of stakeholders including trade associations, consumer advocates, utilities, and other solar companies
- Management of external consultants, legal counsel, and lobbyists as needed
- Monitor and communicate market developments and policy changes to NSE staff
- Excellent organizational abilities; able to focus on details while managing multiple markets
- Able to excel in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 - 8 years of work experience in community relations or regulatory affairs in the solar industry preferred
- Comfort working in a remote environment
- Travel will be required
- Legally entitled to work in the US
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability) are 100% covered by Nautilus
- 401(k) offered with employer match
Please submit the cover letter with the resume to email@example.com
Nautilus is monitoring our response to COVID-19 on an ongoing basis. As of March 15, 2022, we do not require employees to be vaccinated. Nautilus reserves the right to enact COVID-19 precautionary measures at any time, including requiring vaccination and/or mask-wearing to travel, enter the office, or attend in-person meetings (which would be subject to reasonable accommodations for medical and religious exemptions).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC (Nautilus) is creating a clean, sustainable future through a respected and passionate team of professionals. A pioneer in the rapidly growing solar industry, Nautilus’s employees form a strong supportive community. Nautilus is committed to creating and maintaining a culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion by practicing our beliefs of integrity, empowerment, and fairness. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment inspires employees’ creativity, drives innovation, and leads to success. Our employees are the strength of our brand, and we strive to hire quality candidates who will embrace and add to our resilient, resourceful, and entrepreneurial culture.