Nautilus Solar Energy’s (“NSE”) Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the ongoing development of NSE’s solar PV generating portfolios specifically in the West Coast included Arizona, California, Nevada, and New Mexico markets.
As an important member of the operations team, you will support projects and clients at all stages of development, planning, installation as well as ongoing operations and maintenance efforts. In addition to comprehensive project management knowledge, the work will require significant written communication and computing skills, and the ability to effectively work with technical and non-technical audiences. The prospective Project Manager should have an undergraduate degree from a fully accredited college or university and at least 3-5 years of experience in the project management field. Construction project management is preferred but not required. A strong background in AC, DC Electrical work is also preferred.
- Review and comment on requirement documents, schedules, cost estimates, and other key information related to solar PV projects
- Participate in the review of contract documents for projects including the creation of a requirements documents, lists of deliverables and other project management related items
- Manage contractors who are constructing solar PV systems ranging from commercial to utility scale utilizing MS Project and other software tools
- Conduct construction progress inspections at sites before, during and after active construction for quality control and progress reporting purposes
- Create and maintain project documentation related to the delivery of a project including bids, construction, and project close-out documentation
- Promote and solicit O&M Contracts
- Familiarity with industry standard project management methods such as Project Management Professional (PMP) best practices, ISO9000 guidelines, and other similar best practices
- Solar PV project management experience, proven project reporting of financial, work and schedule progress
- Organizational and process orientation skills to clearly maintain project documentation, correspondence and related files
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Knowledge of construction processes and practices in electrical, civil and structural trades
- OSHA and other federal, state and local safety practices to allow audits of site activities
- Proficiency with Project planning and Management Software, PowerPoint, Excel and other similar software
- Ability to review Schedules and Budgets for accuracy and completeness
- Contract negotiation and establishing Design Build Contracts, within Company Protocol
- 3-5 years of relevant project management experience (energy or related sectors); previous solar experience desirable
- Undergraduate Degree (Engineering or related)
- Ability to work independently as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Internal communication and team approach are a must
- Legally entitled to work in the US
Ideally candidate will live in Los Angeles metropolitan area, otherwise CA or AZ. Project Manager will report to the Vice President of Operations based in Summit, NJ.
- Competitive Salary, Annual Performance Bonus, Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life and Long Term Disability and 401k)
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity.